ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE
Responsable Tourism is an option so that the profits generated by this sector also fill the hands of those most in need, that they have sufficient resources to avoid continuing to prey on their environment and, on the contrary, are the first to defend it. Tourism activity in Morocco is reaching a capital importance in economic development, since tourism currently represents one of the industries that generates more income and jobs worldwide. All of us, in a certain way, are involved in one or another tourist activity at some point in our lives. But also, it becomes one of the areas in which socio-economic inequalities and injustices are manifested, in the case of exotic tourist destinations in developing countries, since it usually sharpens the differences generating benefits for large corporations but nothing for local populations. The lack of regulation and orientation of the tourist activity can lead to the uncontrolled exploitation of environmental resources in favor of the enrichment of elites or multinational companies. For all this, from MaroccoTrips we organize your trip to Morocco always with local guides and drivers with great knowledge of the area and who have been in contact with tourism since childhood, making it their way of life, thus collaborating in the development of the zone. We also promote exchanges with the people of the areas we visit, so that our impact is the most beneficial for their inhabitants, from visits to nomads for tea, accommodation in houses of Berber families, local trade ...
Responsible tourism on your trip to Morocco
"MaroccoTrips" is an Italian-Moroccan tourist transport agency, directed by local guides of Touareg origin, born in the village of BEGAA, about 30 km from Merzouga and consisting of about 400 people. They know the customs and traditions of the Sahara very well, they will know how to introduce you to its splendid culture, and welcome you in the respect of the desert, according to their customs and traditions.
The agency carries out a social support program for the NGO Village Begaa, which aims to:
- Participate in the improvement of health, socio-economic and educational
- Participate in the protection of the environment and the fight against desertification
- Support of women and children
- Literacy, education and encouragement of schooling.
- Collaborate in the protection of children's and women's rights
- Establishment of a sanitary, civic and environmental culture
- Promotion and promotion of income generating activities
MaroccoTrips organizes, in collaboration with the NGO Village Begaa, "solidarity trips", with socio-cultural activities.
Practice Responsible Tourism
Traveling means discovering new places and meeting new people. We ask that you be responsible tourists and act accordingly. When visiting a destination, as travelers we must concern ourselves with the protection and preservation of places, cultures and environments. Let each visit bring mutual benefit to the host and traveler.
Be careful with the use of water ...
... Wherever you are. Water shortages are common in many places, so showering is recommended rather than bathing. Don't let the tap water run while you brush your teeth etc. Do not use more towels than necessary. Turn off lights and other electrical appliances when not in use.
When you meet the locals ...
… Remember that you are a guest. Be open and respect their way of life. Learn and experiment. Old people should always be shown respect regardless of their status or work. You must show respect for beggars and think twice before giving anything to children. By giving you encourage them to keep asking. Remember to ask before taking pictures of people.
Health4Begaa is a project for humanitarian purposes that was born in October 2015, in a bar in Turin by a group of four friends united by the desire to do and help. The project is the result of a volunteer experience in Morocco, in April 2015, in which we met the Moroccan town of Begaa, located in the desert in the south-east of Morocco, in the province of Errachidia. The town is characterized by a social fracture that manifests itself in the forms of precariousness, poverty, isolation and instability. This has not prevented some members of the village from establishing an NGO, A.B.D.A.S. (Association pour le développement et social action BEGAA), with the purpose of promoting economic, social and health development.
The keys to sustainable tourism
Most of the definitions of this concept speak of:
- Ecological sustainability. In other words, the development of tourism does not cause irreversible changes in the ecosystems of the different destinations.
- Social sustainability. Referring to the ability of a community to absorb tourism.
- Cultural sustainability. A community must be able to retain or adopt its own distinctive cultural characteristics in the face of the tourist culture.
- Economic sustainability. That ensures the level of economic profit that the sector requires, so that it is viable.
Definition of Sustainable Tourism:
"It is one that meets the needs of current tourists and destination regions, while protecting and guaranteeing activity for the future."
BENEFITS OF SUSTEINABLE TOURISM
- It facilitates the understanding of the impacts that tourism generates in the natural, cultural and human environment.
- It ensures an adequate balance between benefits and costs.
- It directly generates local employment in the service sector.
- It stimulates the profitability of local domestic industries.
- It generates foreign exchange inflows into the country and investments in the local economy.
- Diversifies the local economy, particularly in rural areas where employment may be sporadic and insufficient.
- Seeks understanding and decision-making among all social groups for their coexistence with other resources.
- It incorporates a planning that ensures a tourism development adequate to the carrying capacity of the ecosystem.
- Aid to the preservation of the historical heritage and cultural.
- It improves the self-esteem of the local population and the appreciation of their environment and cultural characteristics.
- It offers an opportunity for greater communication and understanding between people from different backgrounds.
- It demonstrates the importance of natural and cultural resources for the economic and social well-being of the local community, and how it can help preserve them.
Knowing new cultures, places and people without leaving a negative mark for the visited environment and its inhabitants is the best way to travel.
"Today, traveling has become a great force for peace and understanding. As more people move through the world and learn to know each other to understand the customs of others and appreciate the qualities of the individuals of each nation, we are building a level of international understanding that can improve, rightly, the atmosphere for world peace."
John F. Kennedy
TOURISM AND PEACE
«I have observed the cultures of all the lands passing through my home, and other winds have blown seeds of peace, because travel is the language of peace. »
to work for the development and mutual knowledge of peoples using tourism as a tool. Make travel an enriching experience for both the visitor and the visited, always starting from an egalitarian vision that respects others and their culture.
BE PART OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM